When L.W. Buddy Ledwell came home from the war, he joined his father, and they established Ledwell & Son Lumber in Texarkana, Texas, in 1946. Building pickup racks and livestock trailers was a sideline for the company at first, but soon became the focus of the operation.
Buddy incorporated Ledwell & Son and built his first truck shop at the corner of Robinson Road and Waco Street in Texarkana. Today, Ledwell includes fourth-generation family members and has expanded operations into a substantial manufacturing site with over 500 talented employees.